Thursday, November 29, 2012

Update (including bump pics!)

There's been quite a bit going on since my last update.  Here's a run down of what we've been doing:


  • Travel:  Matt spent about 2 weeks traveling for work.  His trips to him to Las Vegas and Dublin, Ireland.  I'm really glad those trips are done!  In the weeks leading up to his trips I really dreaded him leaving.  Thankfully he doesn't have to travel often.  I'm hoping there are no more trips for at least a year. 
  • Daycare:  Over the past month, we've toured multiple day cares trying to find the "perfect" place for the girls.  What we've found is there is no perfect place, but we did find a place we really liked that met our requirements and our budget.  Since we need two spots in the same classroom, at the same time we needed to act fairly quickly.  So, as of yesterday our girls now have a spot on the waitlist at our daycare of choice.  
  • Nursery:  Our ideas for the nursery are coming together.  We've picked the cribs, paint color, and fabric. We'll probably order the cribs in the next few weeks.  I've become a Craigslist fiend searching for deals on a couple of dressers and a glider.  My hard work paid off last weekend when I found a $600 glider for $150!
  • New car:  This past weekend we traded in my 10 year old Honda Accord for a Toyota Highlander.  It was a bit bittersweet because the Accord was the first car I purchased all on my own.  The sadness didn't last too long as I drove off in my shiny new car.  I'm excited for the day when there are two babies in carseats sitting behind me.
  • Bump:  I haven't posted any pics of the babies bump on here so I thought it would be fun to show the progress of the bump so far.  I got lazy on picture taking after 16.5 weeks, but I took one last night in an effort to start documenting it again.  The weight gain is a bit scary, but I'm right on track for the recommended weight gain for a twin pregnancy.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Look at you! You look amazing! Wow, I wish I could see you in person. :)

    It sounds like you're making progress on everything! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete