Sunday, July 1, 2012

Enjoying the Wait: June Edition

This month could be summarized by one word: Travel!  It seems like I was out of town almost as much as I was home.

Virginia Wine Country Girls Weekend-  We turned a destination half marathon that some of my friends were running into an awesome girl's weekend.  This was my first girl's weekend trip in ages and it was a complete blast.  I thought I would be really bummed out since I wasn't running the race, but it turns out I'm a really good stuff holder and cheerer!  I laughed more this weekend than I have in a long time.  I have some pretty great friends.



Puerto Rico- This earned it's own separate post on the blog.  We had an amazing trip and came back feeling relaxed and refreshed.

Pedis with Alison-  My good friend and coworker Alison treated me to a pedicure one day after work.  She always makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face.

Lunch with Kathleen-  I was able to meet up with my friend Kathleen for lunch one Saturday for one of her first outings alone since having her beautiful daughter Alexa.  We had beautiful weather and great conversation.  I love that no matter how much time passes between our visits, we always pick up right where we left off.

Work Travel-  I've been looking for opportunities to expand my knowledge in certain areas of my job.  This month I was finally able to attend a 3 day training session that I've had my eye on for over a year.  The location was less than ideal (airport hotel in Dulles, Va), but I feel like I learned a few new things that will help me better interact with different areas of the company.


1 comment:

  1. You have had a great June :) I'm excited to hang out with you in July for Magic Mike and Mellow Mushroom!

    ReplyDelete