Friday, July 27, 2012

What now?

It's weird after having so many things to do and so many appointments to go to, life is pretty much back to normal now.  With seven days to go until our beta blood test, the only thing there is to do is to wait and think.  I'm trying not to think too much about what may or may not being going on with my body right now.  It's way too easy to over analyze every single twinge.  So instead of focusing on that, I've been giving some more thought about what I will do with this blog going forward.

One of the things that I struggled with when I started documenting all of this was to do once we know the results of this cycle.  I've started telling this whole story and now people are going to want to know the conclusion.  I know a lot of infertility blogs will announce the results of a cycle almost immediately.  They tell the torturous beta sagas and share early ultrasound pictures with all of the people reading along.  M and I have talked and we're not going to do that.  I know, it's totally unfair, right?!   Get you all interested and then leave you hanging?  What kind of evil people are we? :)

If we are successful, we plan to keep it to ourselves for a bit.  While a positive pregnancy test will be amazing, we know it's not the end of our journey.  My guess is we would share the results after the first ultrasound with a handful of close friends who we would need support from if things ended poorly.  We will likely make a bigger announcement once we feel more comfortable sharing the news with a larger group. If we're not pregnant, I'm assuming we're going to need some time to come to terms with that and decide where to go next.
I'll still keep positing things going on in our lives and what we're doing with our free time.  We have lots of things planned over the next month or so including a few fun home improvement projects.

 Again, thanks to all of you for your thoughts, prayers and good vibes.  We're really hopeful that we'll have good news to share with you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you are so evil and unfair :) No, honestly I think it's a great idea to keep it to yourself for a while. Still keeping all my fingers crossed for you and can't wait to hear about all other stuff you're up to over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing what is right for you & M :) As always, my thoughts will be with you!

    ReplyDelete